Flourish Trace supplies a broad range of trace elements demonstrated to be necessary for proper plant health and growth (see below for signs of deficiencies). Trace elements are normally depleted by utilization, oxidation and precipitation. The latter two processes occur more rapidly than with other micronutrients. This makes it important to restore trace elements on a regular basis. Flourish Trace is safe for invertebrates such as shrimp. We normally recommend one start with Flourish and/or Flourish Tabs. These provide a broad range of micro-nutrients (vitamins, amino acids) and micro and trace elements (iron, manganese, nickel, cobalt, etc) that will enhance plant health and growth. If the growth rate is substantial the trace elements are often utilized more rapidly than the other components in Flourish, thus in this case it would be beneficial to also employ Flourish Trace along with Flourish and/or Flourish Tabs.
Key Features :
- Trace elements supplement for the planted aquarium.
- Allows for more frequent dosing than a broad spectrum supplement without worrying about a build up of more slowly used components.
Signs of Trace Element Deficiencies :
- Boron : Death of stem and root apical meristem, leaves twisted, young tissue most affected
- Cobalt : used for nitrogen fixation, same as nitrogen deficiency signs (stunted growth)
- Copper : Young leaves dark green, twisted, wilted, tip remains alive
- Manganese : Chlorosis of young leaves, with smallest veins remaining green, necrosis between veins
- Molybdenum : Chlorosis, twisting, death of young leaves
- Zinc : Reduced leaf size, shortened internodes, chlorosis, spotted leaves, older leaves most affected
- Nickel : lack of germination or seed formation, required for iron absorption
Derived from : copper sulfate, cobalt sulfate, manganese sulfate, boric acid, sodium molybdate, zinc sulfate, rubidium chloride, nickel chloride, vanadium sulfate.
Amounts per gm :
Boron (B): 0.0028%, Cobalt (Co): 0.00003%, Copper (Cu): 0.0032%, Manganese (Mn): 0.0085, Molybdenum (Mo): 0.0003%, Zinc (Zn): 0.0169%, Rubidium (Rb); 0.000008%, Nickel (Ni): 0.000003%, Vanadium (V): 0.000002%
Use 1 capful (5 mL) for every 80 L (20 US gallons) twice a week. When using in conjunction with Flourish®, dose on alternate days.