The AquaClear 20 Power Filter features a unique multi-stage filtration system that provides complete mechanical, chemical and biological filtration for superior water quality. The Power Filter has a filtration volume that is up to 7 times larger than comparable filters.It also allows superior contact time with filter media. The filter preserves beneficial bacterial creating a stress-free environment for aquarium inhabitants and maintaining clear aquarium water. Its unique waterfall design enables filtered water to return to the tank silently, gently breaking the surface tension and creating beneficial oxygenation.The Power Filter’s patented flow control feature allows you to adjust the water flow according to your aquarium needs. The media basket prevents water from by-passing the filter media, maximizing filtration efficiency. Installation and maintenance are quick, easy and convenient.
Item # : A595
Ideal for fresh or saltwater aquariums
Suitable for aquariums from 18-76 L (5-20 US Gal
Wattage: 6 Watts
Maximum Output: 378 L/H (100 US GAL/H)
Dimensions (L x W x H): 11.4 X 17.8 X 16.5 CM (4.5 X 7 X 6.5 IN)
Intake “U” Tube
AquaClear Power Filter
The AquaClear Power Filter represents one of the most versatile hang-on filter systems available. The five models available provide a complete selection of flow rates for the most popular sizes of aquariums. The filter’s unique design allows for up to six times more media volume and the longest water to media contact time in the industry
Patented Re-filtration System
Sometimes delicate fish and plants require a more gentle water flow. The patented AquaClear re-filtration system allows you to control the flow rate without compromising filtration efficiency. When the flow rate is reduced, up to 50% of the water within the filter chamber is processed multiple times.
CycleGuard Multi-Stage Filtration System
Provides optimal mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration. A healthy aquarium requires “beneficial” bacteria. Invisible and harmless, beneficial bacteria are essential in the removal of toxic ammonia and nitrite. With cartridge filtration systems, when you throw away the cartridge, you throw away beneficial bacteria. It can take weeks for the bacteria to re-colonize, resulting in a stressful environment.
Typical Filter Media Placement:
Bottom : AquaClear Foam Insert, which does the following:
- Helps with debris removal and provides optimal water distribution patterns, allowing subsequent filter media to perform at full efficiency.
- Biological filtration, due to the porous structure of foam, providing surfaces for beneficial bacteria.
Middle : AquaClear Activated Carbon Filter Inserts contain 100% premium research grade carbon. Premium research grade carbon provides large amounts of surface area for adsorption of undesirable impurities.
Top : AquaClear BioMax Filter Inserts contain BioMax ceramic rings. The surface of BioMax is made up of a complex pore system that allows bacteria to thrive.
Power Filter Maintenance
- For maximum filter operation and efficiency, regular cleaning of the filter and its parts is recommended every two weeks.
- Always unplug the Aquaclear Power Filter prior to cleaning.
- First you want to remove the cover, filter basket, and discard water remaining in the filter case. Thoroughly rinse collected debris from the case, impeller cover and impeller assembly using clear lukewarm water.
- Then intake “U” tube and extension tube can be cleaned with a filter stem brush to remove any build-up of deposits.
- When all parts have been cleaned and thoroughly rinsed, reassemble filter and replace any scheduled media. Install the filter once again back on the aquarium making sure that the filter is tipped slightly forward.
- Then fill the AquaClear filter box with aquarium water. Finally plug the filter into an electrical outlet and the AquaClear will self-prime and begin running in a few seconds
AquaClear Foam Filter Insert: Replace Foam Filter Insert every two months. AquaClear Activated Carbon Filter Insert: Replace Activated Carbon Insert every month. AquaClear BioMax Filter Insert: Replace BioMax Insert every three months
- deal for 18 to 76 L
- Multi stage filtration system that provides complete mechanical, chemical and biological filtration for superior water quality
- Unique waterfall design enables filtered water to return to the tank silently, gently breaking the surface tension and creating beneficial oxygenation
- Refiltration system that offers superior contact time with filter media and energy efficient pump lowers operating costs
- Quick and easy installation
- Filtration volume is up to 7 times larger than comparable filters
Click here for instruction manual